Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Kodinar : The Cement Land !

The name had some religious bearing on my mind due to presence of a KulDevi temple here.. ..

but the place is famous for Gujarat Ambuja Cements' flagship cement plant and mines thereof.

One of the largest cement plants in India and obviously the largest cement manufacturing group in India (not very sure on that..).. This plant was a delight to visit... The entire plant is completely out of textbook in terms of operations.. Very clean, trying to be green, organized, safety first priority, helmets compulsory, well laid out pathways for travels, awesome security....

and this was my second visits here ... corporate meets and institutional sales too up my sleeve for a brief period !... a good change from the rural sales that I am doing !... queues of huge trucks full of cement loads passing by our car, and others operating in the deep mines... no wonder they are a good destination for us to sell tyres !! :)

I also visited Ultratech Cements' facility at Rajula sometime back... Aditya Birla's flagship cement company !.. that was a site to cherish too...

a click from my cellphone to end the description !!

and I was on my way back to Junagadh via Veraval...

------------------------------------------
Total ODO = 250kms
Date of Travel : 27th Aug and 9th Sep09

No comments: