Friday, July 10, 2009

What A Day .... Sales n Marketing.. here I come..

What a day !! Had been expecting it though…

This is where my sales n marketing career starts I guess J….

I started at about 7.30 am in the morning to catch a bus for a village called ‘Khambhalia’ … couldn’t get a seat in the state transport bus… so me and the other person traveling with me took a bus to ‘Jamnagar’… the rattling bus took about 2.5 hours to reach Jamnagar.. .i was sitting at the window and the Sun was shining bright on me directly… felt I would soon get a stroke… J… but I survived…

From Jamnagar, we took a bus to Khambhalia for a 1.5 hour journey… Finally reached the village and went to the OE guy …

Had great food and finished work… started for Jamnagar again and reached at 6.00 pm to do some more work at the local depot there…

Left Jamnagar at about 8 pm in the night and reached Rajkot at 11 pm, had dinner and crashed into my bed..

The best part about the whole thing was that it gave me an insight into the life of a traveling sales n marketing guy… and the fact that I would be doing this more often gives me a good feel because this is something I like to do and feeling drained at the end of the day leaves me satisfied with everything… Allright, we could subtract the ST Buses from the day’s story… but as I read in an article about a talk at one of the IIMs by Mr. R. Gopalakrishnan (Executive Director – TATA Sons).. one has to dirty his/her hands and feel the ground realities before rising up the ladder… so this seems to be my tryst with reality and understanding of the industry that I work in…

And its so far so good… I am loving it ! ! Whats next !


Total ODO - 360 kms

2 comments:

Kaustubh said...

Hey! Came here after a long time...no mail, call from you. But looks like you are having a blast! Enjoy!!!

Pritesh said...

Hey Kaustubh.. thanks for dropping by.. i will call u soon.. i dont have a local number as yet... yup blast.. trying to !! :)