Monday, July 06, 2009

Kathiawadi Food Calls me... Rajkot z the land...

the first thing that comes to my mind when i say the word 'Rajkot' is the amazing kathiawadi food, sodas, pan masala ... being a foodie thats all i can think of ..
on a more serious note.. rajkot was one of the locations that i had never been being born and brought up in Gujarat... and neways, leaving Mumbai was giving me cold feet... so when i got my posting at Rajkot, it was a mixed reaction for me...

i landed rajkot on Sunday 5th July, 2009 in the evening... interestingly this is the same date when i started my corporate life and career at Satyam (now merged with Tech Mahindra)... and rajkot is the same place where my Naanaji (grandfather) started his great career with... so gives me some positive vibes about this city... :) :)

the first new thing that happened to me was the air india flight... i had never been in an air india flight before... the terminal 1A was different and supreme... the only thing missing in air india's decor was girls... the entire ground staff seemed to be made up of middle and old aged uncles (with all due respect to their working efficiency)...

when i boarded the flight.. i found older air-hostesses.. which initially did give me a feeling that they(the airlines) are loosing out on something(service) by employing them... but to my surprize.. they gave an excellent service.. and sometimes i guess they would look after the passengers better than the younger hot shot girls... and they were more decently dressed than the so called kingfisher bombshells... and gave a more natural smile and service... natural z the word... it feels so artificial with the other airlines... i just hope it was just not my flight that was lucky... and all air india crew is like that...

so i was not cribbing about the staff atleast... :) ... looking fwd to travel again... Maharaja style..

so time to land rajkot... the airport was real small and got over as soon as i entered it :)... decent though and i saw tractors there pulling the walkways and luggage trolleys... amazing usage of tractors !!!!!

i took an auto to the hotel i was booked in... and the first feel of rajkot was very positive... passed through the famous race course and ring road.... gave an amazing site... i always thought its only baroda, ahmedabad and surat that makes up the urban Gujarat... but here was a city unexpored (by me) and am eager to explore more now...

going in with a positive mind... and enjoying each day as it comes.. thats what is my mindset right now..

i am missing all my friends in mumbai as i am alone here... but i am sure time will make me meet em all again... and soon...

so cheers to Rajkot... ahhh.. i forgot its a dry state (minus the boot legging)!!!
so, Kem Cho Rajkot...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good post, I always like them